Thursday, June 9, 2016

Pages VS Word.

Pages or Word?

It is my first time to see how to use Pages to edit a document. I never use Pages before and I think Pages and Word is almost the same thing after watching the video.

First, both of them share the similar edit functions, but Pages’ simplified interface, compared with Word’s multitude of buttons. It will be much easier for me to edit a simple document without so many buttons on the top of page. However, I would prefer to use Pages to edit a complicated document, like a report or paper.

Second, both of them could edit images but Pages seems to be easier to do it. You can just click the images and star to edit, and even you can change the images style which is pretty unique. I will choose Pages to edit images in my documents.
Third, both of them can save in different formats. Here are four formats could be saved in the Pages . I like Pages saving system which can save the documents automatically but Word can NOT.

I think Pages is a wonderful app but I prefer Word. I am familiar with Word and trust it. 



How does the iPad influence?

I think more and more people will use iWork apps instead of Office system as iPad is getting more popular now. Like every coin has two sides, it will have both positive and negative influence.
It brings competition between Windows Office which is good for us have chance to choose. It will motivate both of these two companies make their systems better for us to use them.  However, because the two different system are not compatible which it is inconvenient for customers. If we use different system to make a documents and it makes complicated to share with others.   
The iPad brings us new experience using the different system to make our work or study easier. Especially for children. They like use IPad to play and it is easy form them to use it. I think it will continue to change and influence our life but I am not sure the influence will be positive or negative.

1 comment: