Sunday, June 12, 2016

A good to App to learn English Words better

I think these two dictionary apps-Dictionary and Merriam Webster, both of  them are good tools for people to learn the news and I have seen many people use them quite often. I can not say which is better, but personally I prefer to use the  Merriam Webster app.

First, it is because there are adequate explanations in the Merriam Webster app, such as examples, Origin and synonyms. As an English learners, I think it is quite frustrated to learn the new vocabularies again and again, especially for me, because English is my second Language. I used to learn English vocabularies by English-Chinese Dictionary which will help me  to understand new vocabulary faster  but later I find out I do Not really know how to use the new word for I only know the meaning but not using. If you do not know it and you do not really learn it. This APP really help me to understand its meaning in English and also give me examples and application to apply it.


Second, Merriam Webster has the Voice record which is very helpful. For example, if I heard a word but I do not how to spell it and I can use this function to help me to learn it. I also can check if  my pronunciation is right or not by use that function. I can see if the app could understand me by speak it to improve my oral English.

Third, Games will motivate and inspire people to learn with fun. In my experience, learning English words is a boring thing and that is part of reasons why so many people give up learning English. Instead of learning English through the thick words book, the game provider another more interesting way to learn.

I already download the Merriam Webster app in my iPhone and I will use it to check new words to help me to learn English better. I will recommend my friends to use it also if they  want to learn English.

1 comment: