Thursday, June 9, 2016

Google Doc and My experiences

1.    strengths and weaknesses of Google Docs

I have some experiences using Google Docs. There are some strengths and weakness which I want to share with you through my experience.
First, I like the Google Docs saving automatically. Compared with Word, I really enjoy its “smart” and save my time. Second, it could save on the drive which I can see it in any computer. I do not have to upload my documents every time and it is convenient for me to use it.The common edit buttons were laid out clearly and I know where to find them easily and use them effectively. Third, Google documents provide many temples like cover letter, CV or gift card, which will be very helpful to edit different documents.Forth, it has share and comments function which is different from Word.It is reaaly good for working with your claasmate or your colleges.
There are also some weakness in  Google Docs. First it only could edit online on drive. If you do not have internet, you can not access to the Google Documents. When you are editing ,  somehow the internet stops  working, and it must be annoying that  you are not able to see the documents which you were editing .

2.       Common Core State Standards are tied into the use of Google Documents

As I read the chapter 4 from the Graham text, the ISTE has developed a series of K-12 Standards for students and the skills that K-12 students need to learn throughout their education.I think it is another “ Common Core State Standards”, but Common Core State Standards were for  is an educational initiative in the United States that details what K–12 students should know in English language arts and mathematics at the end of each grade, and ISTE Standard is for technology areas.
I think it is very important for teachers to learn first and help our students to reach the standards. The Google Doc is an  example, the more  what I have learned and the more will benefit to my future students.

3.       Collaborative editing portion of the document sharing feature(s) and report on that experience.

I have not yet do the Collaborative editing portion of the document with my pair yet but I will try it in the future.


1 comment: