Monday, June 13, 2016

Google Drawing

It is my first time to see and use the Google Drawing. To be honest, I rarely draw pictures for I am not good at it. I am considering will I use the Google Drawing in the future for preparing my  class. If the answer is YES, How it make a application in my future class. Then I drawled two pictures and I want to share with you.

Application

1.Reward
I learned how to make this label from the internet and I drawled one by myself and I am considering to use it to as a reward label. I will put student's name on it and I will give it as a reward for the good behavior students to motivate them to learn it better.













2.Timeline
Chinese Language has a long history and sometimes it is heard  for non-Chinese speaker to learn the history of this old langue. I can make the timeline related to Chinese history language and it will help my students to understand it easier.








Lesson plans with the Google Drawing
The Lesson Plan about the Math class”Exploring Shapes” uses the Google Drawing to learn the different shape. I think it is a good idea to use the Technology in the classroom.
Instead of traditional teaching way to ask students to learn this shapes by reading and drawing them on the paper, the students can rotate shapes on the computer. There are many shapes provided by Google Drawings and students can explore them by themselves.
In my experience, it was hard for me to understand concept “rotate 90 degrees”  when I was a child. But If I can manipulate shapes, and rotate them through Google Drawing, it will be much easier for me to understand it.

CCSS and Drawing.
I read the chapter  from the Graham text concerning CCSS and Drawing, Graham mentioned the CCSS 1 for writing  wants students to “read closely” to understand the text and make analytical conclusion from it.
I think it is high requirements for students to understand and analyze the content and then write a article. But if teachers could use the Drawing to ask them to organize their ideas first, it will help them to write. It is quite similar like Ithoughts APP. But Drawing can insert pictures and provide more shapes to use.

1 comment: