Monday, June 13, 2016

Google Presentations

Google Presentations sharing with others.

I used to use PowerPoint to do my presentation and I think the Presentations on Google App is quite similar but better than PowerPoint.
First, it easier to share with others. Most of the time, we use the presentation is for sharing our ideas with others and Google app provide the “share” and “comment” functions which will allow us to collaborate with others.
Second, the insert video function is much easier to use than the PowerPoint it. Instead of downloading the videos and uploading, you can just simply click “search” button, and soon you will find many videos on the YouTube. After.After inserting videos, you can play the videos when you do your presentations and it save more time.
Third, I think the “Animation” function is improved compared with PowerPoint. For.For example, you can change the Animation order by using mouse to control it instead of deleting and making it again.
Last, I think the “Spell check “ function is pretty useful. It is very embarrassing when you find the wrong spelling at the presentation time. It is a good to avoid this thing happen. It is very impressed me for English is my second language and I would like to use it check my spelling.


Google Presentations and the CCSS

I read the Graham about the Google Drive / Presentations and the CCSS, and I agree with the Graham that “Google presentations meets requirement by  allowing collaborative work and the ability to easily share that information with peers, parents, and teachers,” In CCSS, presenting information in clear, concise ways  will prepare students for the rigors of communicating to specific audiences.
As I have mentioned before, Google Presentation has many functions like comment and share , and it is easier for students to learn to use it. The Google Presentations itself connected with the world and it will lead students to know to cooperate and collaborative work.As a teacher, you do not only tell them to do the teamwork but also show and ask them to do it, It will shape students to prepare for their future.
.
Here is a link that I made a Presentation About China,welcome to China  :

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XfmtU8P7UEZ1ueoG0LeGgBSWlHEUay6qr_u6xweXdL4/edit?usp=sharing

1 comment:

  1. Need a little more detail on using Presentations in the Common Core beyond just the collaboration... Otherwise, this is well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete