Sunday, June 12, 2016

An ideal app to learn Chinese language through stories--Puppet Pals app

When I was a child, I really liked reading stories and I learned many things through stories. When I was a teacher teaching foreign kids Chinese, I am trying to tell them some Chinese stories. But there is so limited Chinese children story books for them to read and it is  discouraging  for them to listen the long Chinese sentences without understanding. I translated some English stories books and read for them, it was much better.When I get to know the Puppet Pals app, I think it is an ideal app for me to make my own Chinese story to help them to learn Chinese.

In my experience, learning another language is not only memorising but also using. How to motivate students, especial young to learn, it is quite important issue. As a teacher, I think it is necessary to use different ways to attract students to learn.

In my future Chinese class, I will try to make the different interesting stories based on the word they have learned before. After watching the stories, I will ask my students to tell me what this story about in Chinese.In this way will improve both their listening and speaking.

Furthermore, I will ask my students  to make their own stories in Chinese. But I find out their characters resources are limited to choose and you have to pay for it. I am not sure if all the parents are willing to pay for it. But at least I will try to use it and show my students to use it also.

No comments:

Post a Comment