Sunday, June 12, 2016

A creative App for teachers -- Educreations App

It seems more and more popular now, the people prefer the visual presentations like images and videos instead of words. For example, you might not pay many attention to the news on the newspaper without the attracting pictures. I think it is the same with the students.
I believe the Educreations App is really helpful for the educators to use it to help students to learn in the visual which is more effective and interesting compared with the words from the textbooks.

Application:

1.Preview and Review

In my future Chinese Class, I will use Educreations App to ask my students to preview the new lessons and review what they have learned. It might be difficult for the students to learn by themselves before the class or study the new lesson without the basic knowledge about the new lesson. I will use Educreations App create the each lesson a short video to explain or introduce the new lesson. It will help them well prepared to learn new lessons faster. The review videos which I am going to make, including the new Chinese words and sentences records which they have learned. For Chinese language is a total different language, without additional resources, it is frustrating for them to learn it.

2.Teamwork

The Educreations App is not a complicated app to use it and I think I can teach my students how to use it in my future Chinese class to ask them to be a “teacher” to create videos what they have learned from the class. It is a good way to assess how they learned and it also inspires students to show their creations. It requires them to speak and use Chinese in a naturally way but not forcing them to use it.

1 comment: